Friday, February 12, 2010

Finally ate the Ba Kwa....Satisfied :)

12th Feb 2010
Friday
Cloudy

Had my 1st meeting with my potential supervisor, DA, at Royal Park (For those not familiar with Melbourne, this is the place you go to visit the Zoo!)..and I was lost! Walked up the wrong way and ended up having to walk back down the hill and was late...Meeting with the legendary DA is amazing and he truly lives up to his reputation...I was overwhelmed by him and his 30mins non-stop speech...Thank god that his staff KE is there and being a neuropsychologist, she understands what i need and the help and resources i hope to get from DA..I must say this meeting has been fruitful, though not conclusive, and i seriously hope to get my research finalized asap..

After the meeting, took a tram to city cause was meeting Minn and Jiaying for shopping and got chatted up by this old Aussie man..he seems like a really kind man and thanks to him i'm able to get to the Flinders station from the tram station...He gave me his calling card saying that i can call him anytime for lunch or if i'm lost in the city! Gosh...what a "kind" fellow!

Took a walk along the city river and happened to see the CNY bazaar in the city...Plenty of new year goods being displayed but they are really expensive! Saw a stall selling Ba Kwa!!! Oh my god! I've been wanting to eat my Ba Kwa in Singapore before coming here but i never had the chance...finally saw someone selling it and i immediately bought a slice. You guys know how much does it cost for that slice? It's AUD$3!!! OMG!! It's seriously expensive! But when i first bite into that Ba Kwa, I felt so satisfied!!!!!!!!! Really, no joke man! Though i must say it doesn't taste as nice as those in Singapore (no burnt smell, heehee!) but i still feel really happy after eating it..Along the street, I also saw stalls selling "Cai Tou Kway" and it cost AUD$7 for a plate k? No matter how much i crave for it, i just can't bring myself to pay $7 for that....

Gosh, i'm starting to miss Singapore's food already! When ppl tell me that i'll definitely miss the food in Singapore, I don't believe them and now, I'm truly missing Singapore food!! Sobz Sobz

No comments:

Post a Comment